This page is obsolete! updated here (complete installer)
I finally able to test GTK 2.90.5 which has windows-theme fixed since 2.90.3. This version is actually unstable GTK 3.x but the rundown is Windows native theme is back! As with PyGTK 2.21 unstable released, I try to apply the patch onto GTK 2.21.5 which seems to be working also there is a windows-specific issue with GDK Pixbuf 2.21 (now separated) that pixbuf apparently not using HModule to find its basepath instead rely on hardcoded compile-prefix path. I try to fix this issue and seems going fine too. I don't know whether they will release version 2.22 and fix these or go straight to 3.0 but it seems the previous.
WARNING: These are unofficial yet UNSTABLE VERSION binaries. No installer will ever provided.
read this page for installation and general notes
PyGTK-2.21.0.win32-py26 compiled with Glade and Numpy support (463KB no docs)
PyGObject-2.21.5.win32-py26 compiled with ffi support (192KB no docs)
PyCairo-1.8.8.win32-py26 (19KB no docs)
WARNING: If you mix dlls, you're on your own way.
GTK-2.21.5-Runtime (5.18MB no docs) contains:
Now this is sucks for Windows platform!, GTK-2.21 while get theming back is still has many bugs in UI area, tablet and other possibly lurkings
- I decided to move bin\*.* outside to root as it seems more Windowish-way
- PyGObject 2.21 actually a bit too old for current PyGTK 2.21 or Glib 2.25.x but seems to work (compatible) anyway
- Be advised that some dll are quite common (zlib, bzip, etc) and often available and used by other software. If you ever experienced "missing procedure error" try to test it with M$ Depends, it might just another same name but different dll file gets on your way instead of mine. Generally you can fix it by re-arrange PATH environment.
- If your have problem with py2exe when building package, you might want to see here for some common pitfalls and example.
- There are missing icons in glade (spinner) see here