Having a look from dependency walker I believe ShellExecute is responsible for the call. I try hex it with another same-length function name of shell32.dll (e.g. CheckEscapes) and yeah that's it.
- Download and install free hex editor: WXHexeditor / HexEditor or HxD
in this case I use HexEditor.
- Download the game, in this case Battle Rush.
- Browse battle rush executable, open it in HexEditor
- In HexEditor pres Ctrl-H to bring Find and Replace dialog, find "ShellExecuteA" and for the replacement use "CheckExecutesA" click Replace All. You'll be asked to turn off read only mode, Click ok :
- A confirmation of the function being replaced will shown like below. If not, it may be in another name e.g. "ShellExecuteW" -> "CheckEscapesW" just give it a try. You can now save the file. Try run it.
|Replace the function|